第一节 定 语 从 句
1) The first doll say “mama”was invented in 1830．
［A］ that it could ［B］ could it ［C］ it could ［D］ that could
2) A solar day is the length of time the Earth to revolve once around the Sun．
［A］ takes ［B］ takes it［C］ which takes ［D］ he takes
3) The period during when ［A］ people learned ［B］ to melt iron is called ［C］ the ［D］ Iron Age．
4) The second half of his voyage was by far the more dangerous part, he sailed round the treacherous Cape Horn.
［B］ of which
［C］ during which
5) To travel from England to Hope Corn had taken him nine months, the sailing time was 226 days. He had done what he wanted to accomplish.
［C］ of which
3. 代表物时多用which，但在带有下列词的句子中用that而不用which，这些词包括all, anything, much等，这时的that常被省略(见本节“四、关系代词的省略”)
6) Henry Ford is the person ［A］ which ［B］ is most responsible ［C］ for developing ［D］ the idea of mass production.
7) Human beings are social ［A］ animals whom ［B］ usually prefer not to live in ［C］ physical or psychological isolation ［D］ ．
8) The Everglades is a beautiful region of southern Florida the primitive past mingles with modern life．
［A］ there ［B］ where［C］ after［D］ in
9) The knee is the joint the thigh bone meets the large bone of the lower leg．
［A］ when ［B］ where ［C］ why ［D］ which
10) A metropolitan region ［A］ is defined as a central ［B］ city and the territory where ［C］ surrounds ［D］ it．
11) The next morning he came down to breakfast, he was beaming with the pleasure of a new, great discovery.
12) In a day few noble persons ever spoke to those of humble origins except to give an order, Jefferson went out of his way to talk with gardeners, servants, and waiters.
13) Moreover, in the modern age human beings depend so much on machines, he had given men throughout the world new pride.
By the time you arrive in London, we will have stayed there for two weeks. ／ I still remember the first time I met her. ／ Each time he goes to besiness trip, he brings a lot of living necessities, such as towers, soap, toothbrush etc.
14) There was a teapot fashioned like a China duck out of open mouth the tea was supposed to come.
15) Jackir Mcleans’s recordings have shown that he is one of the few ［A］ jazz musicians who ［B］ style of playing ［C］ has kept pace with the evolution ［D］ of modern jazz．
8. 当从句的逻辑主语是some, any, no, somebody, anybody, nobody, something, anything, everything或nothing时，常用there is来引导
16) I don`t want to concentrate on anything worrying me.
［A］ what is
［B］ there is
2. 在引导限定性定语从句时，that有时相当于in which, at which, for which或at which
Attitudes towards daydreaming are changing in much the same way that(in which) attitudes towards night dreaming have changed. 人们对白日做梦的态度正在改变，这与人们对夜间做梦的看法的变化有非常相似之处。
I like the music for the very reason that(for which) he dislike it. 我出于某种原因喜欢这种音乐，而他恰恰与我相反。
We arrived the day that(on which) they left. 刚好我们到的那天他们走了。
4. 在非限定性定语从句中，不能用that，而用who, whom代表人，用which代表事物
17) Ligaments(韧带)， ， hold organs of the body in place and fasten bones together．
［A］ which are fibrous tissues ［B］ they are fibrous tissues
［C］ fibrous tissues that ［D］ are fibrous tissues
18) The Little White House in Warm Springs was the Georgia home of President Franklin D. Roosevelt， there on April 12， 1945．
［A］ who died ［B］ died［C］ while died ［D］ he died
19) The first United States citizen to become ［A］ a professional ［B］ sculptor was Patience Lovell Wright， which ［C］ works were executed in wax ［D］ ．
20) The adder is a snake has ［A］ a relatively ［B］ stout body， a short tail ［C］ ， and a flat head ［D］ ．
21) Traditionally， ethnographers and linguists have paid ［A］ little attention to cultural interpretations given to ［B］ silence， or to ［C］ the types of social contexts in which tends ［D］ to occur．
22) Most crocodiles will eat anything capture and overpower．
［A］ can ［B］ they can ［C］ which can ［D］ and